This is my masterpiece and my pride!
In Sweden it is tradition to do a furniture, a masterpice that will be judged and graded, as a final exam.
This tradition goes way back in the 15th century, and then you couldn't open your own joinery/ carpentry before doing your masterpiece. It not as strict anymore, but the diploma you get if you pass shows and guarantees to your future customers a certain level of craftmansship.
Cabinet in birch.
Cabinet with three drawers, three loose shelfs and a convex door
Measurement: 1335 mm x 580 mm x 370 mm
Technical drawing --> [link]
• The cabinet with closed door
• The cabinet with open door
• Close-up of 'clippers' on the inside of door (for hanging photos, doodles, bills or whatever)
• Close-up of the construction
• View from top to show the convex door
• The drawers and dovetails
Woodwork: Me, about 400 hrs
Got the grade 4.7 out of 5.0
Full view, please!!